Friday, June 24, 2011

1st Birthday Princess / Birthday Party Part 1




Planning my daughter's 1st birthday party started right after her baptism party was over – 6 months before her 1st birthday to be exact. Yes! I know, I'm crazy… but what can I say, I just love party planning. The theme my husband and I wanted for our little girl was very appropriate – "1st Birthday Princess." So we started looking at what choices where available at party supply stores. Well the choices were very limited, repetitive and not "cute" enough for our precious princess. So I was on a mission – my first spot for "research": ETSY. I absolutely LOVE Etsy. Not only are the items handmade, but they are unique because they can be customized to meet your needs or in my case satisfy my need for "totally cuteness." That's where I found an amazing graphic designer, Linette from PaperGlitter. PaperGlitter offers printable birthday party kits, stationary, paper crafts and even paper toys – oh yeah and did I mention Linette is also a toy designer?! How cool is that?!!! PaperGlitter has the most adorable kawaii characters for all types of parties. Her printable party kits theme include: Birthday Princess, Birthday Paris Kit, Kawaii Donuts Kit and adorable Luau Party Kit.

Once we decided on this theme the colors were easy to choose: Pink, Orange and Yellow. I've always believed that kid's birthday parties should be full of vibrant colors.

Here are the decorations & goodies in process:

{centerpieces in process} 

{invitations being ready to be mailed out} 

Even though I started party planning 6 months before the actual party date the days flew by and I still had a lot to accomplish before the big day, so I recruited the help of relatives.

{The godmother helping with the decorations}


{making chocolate pops}

{… to be continued… }
In the next post I will be sharing actual picture of the parties. Hope to see you then!

2 comments:

Reviewer11 said...

So sweet of you to go through all that for your little girl. :) Can't wait to see the pictures. :D

Jane said...

There is something about planning a party that just makes a mother happy! I found you via CPN and popped on over to say Hi and follow! From Aussie girl, Jane:) http://louandjane.blogspot.com/